Friday, October 12, 2007

Mac Book users

Hello all MacBook users. Just wanted to recommend to get the Apple Care for your Mac Books. It is a 3 year warranty (2 years on top of the normal one year).
My MacBook started to have problems exactly 1 year and 2 weeks after purchase. The palm rest area had a crack on the right side. One day i just opened my computer and it was broken. I was so angry and disappointed... I started to check out what this could be. I didn´t drop my computer, just used it like I always do... Reading some blogs i found out it is a normal problem with MacBooks and it is covered if the computer is still under warranty, which means (for me) that I needed the Apple Care set (it was slightly more than one year after purchase). I just went to the Apple Store in Buenos Aires and got it exchange in 10 minutes. If you need to pay to get you top case exchange it costs 150 euros. At the end, the apple care is a deal, I still have nearly 2 more years warranty in case my MacBook has another 'common' problem accepted by Apple.
So if you dont know if you want to spend the extra 200 euros... take it as the cost of the computer. It is not 1000 euros, but 1200. You will not regret it!
Hope this helps lots of you.

No comments: